Australian Hardwood Flooring. Are you looking for solid floorboards?
Better Timber Flooring can supply solid floorboards and plank flooring in various species of Australian hardwoods.
Please submit your requirements using the “Get Quotation” button below.
Comparison of solid wood with engineered wood
- In solid flooring, you cannot re-sand the material below the tongue and groove line (dotted line) – it’s timber you pay for, but will never actually see.
- Solid hardwood is prone to developing excessive space between planks or “gapping”.
- Solid timber floorboards are also prone to “cupping” (a concave or “dished” appearance of the plank) and “crowning” (convex curving upwards when humidity increases).
- Solid wood planks cannot be used in conjunction with underfloor radiant heating.
- Solid plank floorboards are limited to a maximum width of 127mm and length of 2100mm